Thursday, January 18, 2007

Talk amongst yourselves

Many thanks to Asaraludu (try saying that five times fast) and Greg for contributing to the betterment of this blog and the world by posting comments. Just a reminder, you aren't required to register or sign into anything to comment on a post, and you will gain notoriety (or notoriousness) among the many readers of this forum (well, about 20 since I started last week, according to my stats package).

If you find this space at least mildly interesting, please pass the word to friends at work, home, church, coven meetings, etc.

And now, let's hear about the fabulous prizes that Asaraludu and Greg will win for having shared their thoughts.*

  • An all expenses-paid trip to your nearest restroom, whenever you need it—unlimited visits!
  • The gratification of knowing that you are a person of uncommon quality
  • One Perl shell script of your choice (subject to availability)
  • Three dollars has been donated on behalf of each of you to the Bill Wants Some Pepsi fund.

By the way... tune in later today (okay, maybe much later) for an important discussion of Husband Points.

*All prizes and gifts are incorporeal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to comment because I would hate to miss out on the "one Perl shell script of your choice" offer.
(I am praying right now that the use of quotes is appropriate in this case and I am not made a public spectacle! >>grin<<)
Not that I know what a Perl shell script is or for what on earth I would use it. It just sounds too sexy to pass up.(Like your flat panel monitor I caught you fondling last year!)

Arioso said...

Frau Schmittle:

Danke für Ihre freundlichen Wörter über mein Angebot. You are clearly a woman of intelligence and discernment. I would never subject you to anything other than lavished praise and respect.

It takes a special person to understand the complicated relationship that can develop between one and one's electronic equipment.

Regards,
Arioso

Arioso said...

By the way, oops—my post should have said "one Perl or shell script of your choice." However, Perl Faithful might argue that Perl has obviated the need to ever write a shell script again.